Thursday, January 27, 2022

TWF 322 - Poetry Month & Contest At Long Island Arts Council.

 Hello, friends.

April is Poetry Month for Long Island Arts Council at Freeport.  I wish I had a direct link to a page specifically dedicated to the poetry contest they're running, but that's not available at present.  What is available is information and registration for the seventh annual high school-oriented poetry contest!



I would strongly encourage any and all interested youths to apply (with parental permission, of course).  Sharing poetry is often very personal, and while it might not seem like a huge stepping stone, but I promise you that if you're poetically inclined, earlier publication credits are a positive step for your portfolio down the path.

I know, lots of alliteration, there.  If you noticed, you oughta consider entering the contest!

As for me:  I'm presently kicking back in CoVID-Positive quarantine; I'm feeling about 97% healthy, a fact which I'm crediting to my vaccination.  If you haven't already gotten yours, please do.


Jesse Pohlman is an author from Long Island, New York; born and raised in Freeport.  Well, maybe not "born" in Freeport - Freeport Hospital wasn't doing delivery in 1984.

No comments:

Post a Comment